CF Used M1 Helmet With ERDL Cover

CF Used M1 Helmet With ERDL Cover

Post by mk1rceme on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm

This helmet was given to me by a family friend back in the early 90's. I have never taken the cover off but I can see that it is the first pattern unmarked ERDL cover that was used late in the Vietnam war by the US and AVRN. I have yet to find a picture of Canadians wearing these ERDL camo helmet covers but I'm sure a few made it up here. Liner is dated 1982. It use to have a rubber band style cover band on it, but it deteriorated and broke apart. The OD helmet band on it is a replacement I added.

US M1 with ERDL Cover

Post by edstorey on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 pm

This is a Canadian used example from the late 1960s.

Mike Cauvin

New find

Post by Mike Cauvin on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi guys

I would like to add to your thread by showing an interesting M1 I've just found that was used by the Canadian Forces. I've picked up a few of these previously that were the usual late M1 shells, liners, woodland camo cover and Type 1 chinstraps.

The one I just picked up was at first sight interesting for having an older P64 Vietnam era liner in it.

Closer inspection showed it to be a great front seam, fixed bale McCord shell dated Sept 42 with amazing original paint. It does have one overpainted area covering a front red triangle that I believe was for opposing forces exercises. So kind of a neat find.

Last edited by Mike Cauvin on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

M1 With Red Triangle

Post by edstorey on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:21 am

Nice helmet find. Yes, the red triangle marking is unique and can be found on corresponding helmet liners.

Sponsored content

Re: CF Used M1 Helmet With ERDL Cover

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:54 pm

Current date/time is Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 pm