Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

+3
GCR817
pylon1357
mk1rceme
7 posters

1st Pattern Cadpat

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

1st Pattern Cadpat Empty 1st Pattern Cadpat

Post by mk1rceme Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Question for you...does anyone know if the first pattern uniforms with the exposed buttons are legal for sale to the public? I have a fellow offering me a set out of Ontario. He says they are legal to sell but I want to make sure.

pylon1357
    Global Moderator

1st Pattern Cadpat Empty Re: 1st Pattern Cadpat

Post by pylon1357 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:30 am

Hey Dale, I am not certain what the '1st pattern' CADPAT uniform looks like. Any chance for a photo or 2? It's my understanding that ALL CADPAT is protected.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 am

They were apparently made in the same style as the old OD uniforms with the exposed buttons. Don't know much more about them though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GCR817

Post by GCR817 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi Dale,

There are still a few guys wearing that very pattern.

Cheers,

Geoff
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks...I kind of figured so. I found some info on the net about this pattern and it says it is still used as well.

pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi Dale, yes this pattern is still being worn. At least it was last time I was on HLTA in November. I saw a few CF personnel wearing this style. Therefore I have to stick to my initial post.... Not legal.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks guys...I informed the seller and he has retracted his offer.

mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Update

Just found out he sold the set to someone else. Apparently he does not care about the regulations on these.

Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Interesting that some of you have seen guys still wearing the first pattern uniform because it was supposed to have been replaced by the current version completely. When the current uniform was introduced we were ordered to exchange our first pattern uniforms for the current version regardless of what condition they were in. It's my understanding that those early pattern uniforms are not supposed to be worn anymore. Maybe some reservists still have them or guys had "extra" uniforms that never got exchanged... who knows. Regardless whether it's a current issue uniform or not, I am also under the impression that all issue Cadpat items are considered to be controlled items mainly because of the IR treatment. The few companies that are legally permitted to manufacture items with original Cadpat material are using factory seconds that has not been IR treated.

Funny thing is that I have heard numerous stories of guys releasing from the military and when they try to return items that for whatever reason are not on their clothing docs they are told to keep those items. Pretty dumb when it's obvious that the items are military property whether they are on the guy's docs or not. Sometimes things just don't make any sense in the military.
    provostsgt
    provostsgt

Post by provostsgt Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm

All three generations of Cadpat TW appear to be still worn concurrently. The only way to tell the difference between the trials coat and the 1st generation production version is the colour of the nylon pocket interior and pocket lining. Trials have black nylon, production versions have green.
    Issue Cadpat is illegal to sell but not to own. Around 2002 or 2003 a western surplus dealer recieved a triwall of legally surplused Cadpat with the black "D" stamping. Short version of story: military wanted it back. Offered him scrap. He said no. Military gave up and went away. So the early manufactured issue is on the civi market (more or less) legitimatly. Anything later, and all Cadpat AR, could be considered stolen property as there is no provision for ANY civi sale. Small amounts of trials and production versions have been released to museums etc on an individual basis. To add to the mess, it appears that a few manufacturers have released small numbers of contract over runs or seconds.
    To make a long story short, if you have examples of Cadpat in your collection, the MPs are NOT going to come knocking. They are after the bin rats who sell the stuff.
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Well that's good to know. Thanks for the information.

recceboy

Post by recceboy Sat May 26, 2012 4:25 pm

1st pattern CADPAT that was issued, should have a white tag with the NSN on it. I have mine from the first issue in 2001 to those of us going to Khandahar in early 2002 to go and play with the Taliban. The colours and dyes used were slightly different as well, and they faded fast. The ones that are still worn today would be 1st/2nd/ 3rd run.

"RECCE SENDS" 1st Pattern Cadpat 1739809586
    Dave221

Post by Dave221 Tue May 31, 2016 11:00 pm

This is a bit late to the thread but I was reading with interest about trial jackets having black nylon inner pockets and white label
    well I have 4 cadpat jackets one of which is desert and one pair trousers (pants) . the contracting is as follows 12/00  white label with green inner pocket , 11/01 green label inner pocket black both with uncovered buttons , 12/04 green label inner pocket camo the trousers 12/00 white label hope this info is of use to you .

Dave

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:03 am