Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Arid Cadpat hybrid shirt

Infanteer
    Infanteer

Arid Cadpat hybrid shirt Empty Arid Cadpat hybrid shirt

Post by Infanteer Sat May 14, 2011 11:04 am

These are currently being issued for wear under body armor by anyone who operates outside the wire in Afghanistan. Although they were initially procured for the army, helicopter flight crew and mobile ground crew have also been authorized to be issued this excellent piece of kit. I believe that they are a fairly new item to be issued as they appear to have been made in the summer of 2010.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Arid Cadpat hybrid shirt Empty Re: Arid Cadpat hybrid shirt

Post by mk1rceme Sat May 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Very cool! I have seen them in TW cadpat, but not arid.

Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sat May 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Were they official issue shirts like this one? If so, that's good news. I know that there are a couple of companys making their own version of the hybrid shirt but they tend to be quite expensive and on top of that you always have the issue of whether or not you'll be allowed to wear it because it's not an issued item. I hope I can get issued some of the TW shirts as well which will make rucksack marches more bearable.
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Sat May 14, 2011 8:02 pm

I think they were non issue ones...seen them on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110616024664&var=410014461205&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Sun May 15, 2011 1:01 am

I will have to check my Arid hybrid shirt for tags when I get home. The Canex and Sea-Can have had a variation available for sale to military personnel only since about April of last year.

To me it makes great sense to issue a piece of kit like this.

Oh before I forget, Steve, I have an example finally on the shield shaped Roto 10 MP patch now. More to follow in another post in the patches section.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sun May 15, 2011 4:50 am

pylon1357 wrote:I will have to check my Arid hybrid shirt for tags when I get home. The Canex and Sea-Can have had a variation available for sale to military personnel only since about April of last year.

To me it makes great sense to issue a piece of kit like this.

Oh before I forget, Steve, I have an example finally on the shield shaped Roto 10 MP patch now. More to follow in another post in the patches section.

The shirts being sold in the "Sea-Can" on KAF are the OTW shirts made by CP Gear. Similar idea but different materials and details.

Cliff, I'll keep my eye on that thread.
    abczar
    abczar

Post by abczar Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 pm

A non arid CADPAT one would be a nice to be issued item for sure. Really, we wear our armour all the time as its a part of our FFO now, why not issue them for use underneath...they are comfy.

I have several issued arid versons from my last tour, and we keep them as they are next to skin items (so I was told), didn't even have to sign for them, they took my size and handed me 3 when I arrived in country.
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 pm

I just released from the military and can confirm that the hybrid shirts did not need to be turned in even though they were on my clothing docs for some reason. I've seen guys wearing temperate Cadpat hybrid shirts but I have no idea if they were issue items or privately purchased. I like them, I wear my around the house over a t-shirt sometimes when it's cool in the basement. They made the bodies too short though for some reason.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:09 pm