Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

NEWFOUNDLAND MILITARIA WANTED

nfldregt

NEWFOUNDLAND MILITARIA WANTED Empty NEWFOUNDLAND MILITARIA WANTED

Post by nfldregt Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:15 am

Hi All

I am seeking NEWFOUNDLAND military and police items for my collection. WANTED: Older Newfoundland badges, medals, documents, uniforms, etc. Will pay well for items that I require. I occasionally have Canadian badges, medals, etc for trade.

At present I have for trade:

NORTH WEST CANADA 1885 medal and clasp named to WILLIAM INGLIS BRADLEY B.A. MEDICAL STAFF who is confirmed on the roll for M & C as a DRESSER on the MEDICAL STAFF. At the time he went west he was a medical student at MCGILL and a BA graduate of the UofT. Afterwards he went back to MCGILL and went on to be a surgeon and a professor. There is a listing for a picture of him in the Archives but I haven't gotten a copy of it. He was well known in the Ottawa area. Lots of research left on this one. I believe that he was one of the Medical Service guys who collected the wounded at Batoche but I have not been able to confirm this. Any info appreciated.

Will trade for Newfoundland Regiment WW I medals or badges that I require.

BADGES THAT I AM ACTIVELY SEEKING:

Cap badge Caribou on hill with TERRA NOVA under on ribbon

Shoulder title 1ST over NEWFOUNDLAND with the 1ST over a upwards curved Newfoundland.

Shoulder title FC over NFLD

Shoulder title FC over NEWFOUNDLAND with the Newfoundland curved upwards

Sweetheart badge Looks like WWI cap badge but in sterling with Scottish silver marks.

I will also help if you are researching Newfoundlanders.

Regards

Don

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm