Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

identification for canadian shoulder flashes

steph3945
    steph3945

identification for canadian shoulder flashes Empty identification for canadian shoulder flashes

Post by steph3945 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 am

Hi,

I bought these flashes some days ago.

Are they genuine WWII canadian flashes or post WWII production or reproductions?
    there is thin black paper on the back.
    I took away a small part of this paper on the intelligence corp flash to show the stitching.

identification for canadian shoulder flashes Lot_in10

identification for canadian shoulder flashes Lot_in11

thanks a lot for your informations.

stéphane
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

identification for canadian shoulder flashes Empty Re: identification for canadian shoulder flashes

Post by pylon1357 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:03 pm

I honestly do care for their appearence. The lettering is far from uniform (very uneven. Paper on the back? I cannot see them having paper. Also what little I can see of the back of the stitching, looks like a mess of spagetti.

I am far from an expert on cloth, I am more focused on medals, insignia ect. I am sure Bill will be along soon to give an opinion on these.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    mkVsten
    mkVsten

identification for canadian shoulder flashes Empty Reproductions

Post by mkVsten Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Stéphane,

These are reproductions. You can find them here for sale: http://6thjune1944.com/

Sorry for the bad news. I hope they were not sold to you as originals.

Cheers,

Brad
    steph3945
    steph3945

identification for canadian shoulder flashes Empty Re: identification for canadian shoulder flashes

Post by steph3945 Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 am

hi,
    thanks a lot for these informations. I bought them as vintage patches foe a very low price.
    thanks
    s romanet
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 am

As Brad says, these are fairly common repros. The give aways are the paper backing, the embroidery style and the uneven lettering. The C INT C was not worn overseas in the Second World War.
    I was just poking around the 6th June site. The prices on some of the repros is crazy. They want more than an original costs.
    In the "original" materials section, there is some good but very pricey Canadian insignia. Over $1000 for a plastic Canadian Para Corps, $78 for a Black Watch badge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am