Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

Korean War Era Military Panga

Martin Howett

Korean War Era Military Panga Empty Korean War Era Military Panga

Post by Martin Howett Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 am

I have had in my possesion for many years a Korean War Era folding military panga. The blade is 9 1/2 inches long and has a black painted metal or tin blade guard. The blade folds into the handle which appears to have a black bakelite grip and an eyelet type projection to attach it to your webbing. The blade is etched with the number IB/4465. Below this number is an arrow projecting from the date 1951 towards the 44 in the previous number. The blade is also etched with the letters E&CS. Could anyone on this site tell me which Army this panga would have been issued to and if it might have seen service in Korea? I am not particularly knowledgable about the Korean Conflict, but I do not remember seeing and jungles in the country and I believe this tool is used primarily to clear paths through the jungle.

Thank You
    Martin
    Martin Howett

Korean War Era Military Panga Empty Re: Korean War Era Military Panga

Post by Martin Howett Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:55 pm

I was informed at a meeting of the Canadian Military Collectors Association in Edmonton on Sunday, that this item was American and that it was part of their survival gear in the event that their aircraft went down.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 am