Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet

Battalion Colours
    Battalion Colours

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet Empty WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet

Post by Battalion Colours Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Has anyone seen a Canadian MK II like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-Canadian-Burlaped-Italian-Front-Combat-Helmet-/200851416561?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec3ad65f1

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet

Very Scare WW2 Canadian Combat helmet with burlap or ration bags applied to the shell of the helmet and then camo painted Tan for southern Italy.Helmet is maker marked CLC 1942 and liner dated 1943 , helmet is complete with chinstrap.There is what looks like a Ace of Spades painted on one side but faded with time.THis helmet was in a long time collection that just came up for sale.

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet Kgrhqv13

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet Kgrhqf10

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet T2ec1613

"Honneur et Fidélité"

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet Ensign10

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet Flag_canada
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet Empty Re: WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet

Post by Tankermike Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 am

I saw that auction and almost bid, but I have never seen this done beofre so I stayed away. Why go to all the trouble of this when painting it sand brown is the normal way for a Italian cmpaign helmet.
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet Empty Re: WW2 Canadian Burlaped Italian Front Combat Helmet

Post by Tankermike Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:33 am

Also the ace of spades is not a associated to any Canadian regiment that I know of, it is for the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division during WW2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am