Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 am

I tried posting this to 'forum dislikes' but it seems you need special permission. Shocked

This is the only forum which forces me to log-in again if I haven't visited in 4-5 days, even though I have my settings at 'remember me'. It's not a biggy but it is annoying.

Clive
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:33 pm

That is interesting Clive. As I use a shared computer most times, I don't use the 'remember me' option. I find it very very odd you were unable to post this to the Forum Dislike topic, especially when you started that topic.

Dale and or Jeff, will one of you be kind enough to look into this. Thanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 pm

You should have access, it is open to members. As far as the log in issue, the forum does it to me as well. Happens on just about every forum I frequent. Soon we'll be done with this host, but I'm not sure I can keep the domain name now since it is through this host.

servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:59 pm

mk1rceme wrote:You should have access, it is open to members. As far as the log in issue, the forum does it to me as well. Happens on just about every forum I frequent. Soon we'll be done with this host, but I'm not sure I can keep the domain name now since it is through this host.

I would assume that it is a setting in the forum software (maybe a default?). All I ask is that it be changed to a longer duration, i.e., log-in required if forum not visited in 10 days.

Cheers,
    C

Hopefully, you own the domain name. If so, then you can change host weekly and the name remains the same, it is just the DNS addresses that change. It usually takes the 'net 24 hours to update world-wide.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 am