Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

First medal group

lorne19
    lorne19

First medal group Empty First medal group

Post by lorne19 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:45 pm

I just recieved my very first medal grouping. A British War medal and a Victory medal awarded to Private Charles Maouvally Reddy who served in the 5 C.M.R. Sadly he wasn't a native Townshiper but from Montreal. Still they'll fit nicely into my Eastern Townships militaria collection. Next step is to get a copy of his service record.

First medal group 100_4043_zps929acd05
    sixxpackjack

First medal group Empty Re: First medal group

Post by sixxpackjack Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Very Nice! Congrats! How are things in Georgeville? I have family that came from that area. Beautiful country!
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Nice pair (ok that that sounded just plain wrong) Charles Reddy was a Draftee. According to his Papers, he had three years service with the Irish Rangers Militia unit. Jis file has not been digitized yet, but his Draft form can be found at the following link.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/cef/001042-119.01-e.php?&id_nbr=596181&interval=20&&PHPSESSID=m3fjkla17ouu20acda5qa14iv2

I always like things connected to Canadian Irish Units. One of most resent pairs are to a fellow who Attested to the 180th Sportsman Bn,one of the two Overseas Battalions, raised by the Irish Regiment in Toronto.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    lorne19
    lorne19

Post by lorne19 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:56 pm

sixxpackjack wrote:Very Nice! Congrats! How are things in Georgeville? I have family that came from that area. Beautiful country!

Thanks, I was pretty happy to come acroos them. I'm new to the medal field and hope to add more. As for Georgeville,its still alive and well. A few more Montrealers than some of us locals might prefer, but its about all thats keepoing the local economy going these days.
    lorne19
    lorne19

Post by lorne19 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks Pylon1357, A copy of his papers came with the medal group. I'll have to request a copy of his service record next and further research his back story.
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:31 pm

lorne19 wrote:

Thanks, I was pretty happy to come acroos them. I'm new to the medal field and hope to add more. As for Georgeville,its still alive and well. A few more Montrealers than some of us locals might prefer, but its about all thats keepoing the local economy going these days.

There is one less, actually two less, Montrealers... LMAO, not that I ever referred to myself as a Montrealer. I was living in Lasalle and working at 202 Workshop Depot from November 2011 until end of March 2013. I sort of miss the work, but not drivers. My room mate was also working with me, but he returned to Nova Scotia.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 am