Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Various WW1/WW2 Books

sixxpackjack

Various WW1/WW2 Books Empty Various WW1/WW2 Books

Post by sixxpackjack Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:01 pm

My Father is a sucker for auctions and yard sales. Knowing that I to collect a little bit of Canadian military history, hes always picking up the odd piece for me. This time it was books. While not really in my range of collecting, they are interesting to browse and read.

The first one is a Military training pamphlet from the 5th Armoured Div RCE. Its signed Sgt W.D Mates HQ on the outside cover and Lieut J.D Graham on the inside. It appears to contain all sorts of engineering solutions to numerous situations, From mine clearing to runway building to demolition placement . Many different fold out plate with diagrams.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Next is a Field Artillery Training 1914 book. Real nice shape. Signed numerous times S.J. Hunt. Wide range of topics pertaining to artillery with detailed fold out diagrams.

Last is the Infantry Training for the use of Canadian Militia. Dad found these at 2 separate yard sales on the same day. Pretty common book. good shape.

Looking forward to hearing any comments people have on these. I thought I saw different variants of the small Infantry books? maybe a Calvary one? Any Idea on the values of these? I dont collect books but might use them in trade or something in the future
    edstorey
    edstorey

Various WW1/WW2 Books Empty Manuals

Post by edstorey Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm

If you are looking to move the books, I would be interested. What do you collect?

ED
    sixxpackjack

Various WW1/WW2 Books Empty Re: Various WW1/WW2 Books

Post by sixxpackjack Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi ED,

I collect mostly CEF infantry cap badges, Canadian WW2 RCR or any 1 Div badges/items. Anything Nova Scotian.

I think I might hang on to the books for a bit. I'm enjoying flipping through them. When I decide to get rid of them Ill certainly let you know. I have been know to change my mind on things fairly often Various WW1/WW2 Books 1096635026 

All the best!
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:29 am

Hi Six Pack......

I know how your Father feels, I love to go saleing.........

I know it is not Canadian but I picked up this week a group of Luftwaffe Documents, Log Books, Licence Identity Card and Bank Book.

The pilot flew in the Battle of Britain and then became a Medical Officer.....

Mike
    sixxpackjack

Post by sixxpackjack Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:05 am

Wow what a find Mike!

I often wonder when I see yard sale and fail to stop, " Could that have been the house that's giving away "Old Army junk"" hmmm 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am