Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection

GCR817
    GCR817

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Empty PPCLI badged helmets from my collection

Post by GCR817 Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:26 pm

My three favourites.

1. Officers canvas helmet cover with embroidered PPCLI Margeurite cap badge sewn on the front (those who recognize it from the Wehrmacht Awards forum....I am the new owner).

2. A smooth grey painted Brodier with stencilled PPCLI Margeurite cap badge to the front.

3. A brodie with the 3rd Div, PPCLI patch painted on the left side.

Anyone have other Patricia helmets? Please let me know. I am eager to buy and trade!

Cheers,

Geoff

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Ppcli_10
    PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Vp_00510
    PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Vp_00610
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Empty Re: PPCLI badged helmets from my collection

Post by mk1rceme Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:51 pm

Great helmets Geoff! You have some really rare lids in your collection!

Hill677

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Empty Re: PPCLI badged helmets from my collection

Post by Hill677 Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Geoff.. I`m Jealous Wink ... I think i need to come visit your home to check out your PPCLI collect !! :lol: :lol:

Officers canvas helmet cover with embroidered PPCLI Margeurite cap badge sewn on the front

I have been collecting " all thing " PPCLI for the past 9 years and I have never seen or heard of a helmet like this..can you provide any other information about it ??

I know that some Officers had helmets with a Margeurite on them.. See attached photos ( photos take from the internet )

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Ww1_of11

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Marchi10
    Hill677
    Hill677

Post by Hill677 Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Just had a thought... What is under the canvas cover ?? Plain helmet or painted 3rd Div patch.. or a Margeurite :?: :?:
    GCR817
    GCR817

Post by GCR817 Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Hill677 wrote:Just had a thought... What is under the canvas cover ?? Plain helmet or painted 3rd Div patch.. or a Margeurite :?: :?:

You are more than welcome to see my PPCLI stuff. Yes, the helmet cover is certainly a anomoly but I do not think it is (well, was) a one off. I have seen one other embroidered cap badge that matched the one on my cover but I did not fathom what it was for. I think this cover was styled after the badged officer helmets (as per your photo and God, I am still searching for that helmet) and was likely only custom ordered in a very small quantity.

A fellow in the States found it recently along with a collection of WW1 US helmets, kit etc. Unfortunately that is all I know about it. There is no name or maker inside the cover and for the record, the helmet is only a WW2 MKII shell which I use to display the cover. No hidden treasures.

Cheers,

Geoff
    Hill677
    Hill677

Post by Hill677 Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:43 am

...badged officer helmets (as per your photo and God, I am still searching for that helmet)
    The photo of that helmet I found a few years ago on an individuals personal web page, the site was displaying some of their PPCLI collection. I have tried to find the site again but no luck...If my memory serves me right I believe he was a former serving member of the PPCLI and lives in Alberta.. I purchased a rare, early Senior NCO`s ie..RSM`s Cap badge from him ( i think it was him )..See photo...
    I registered on the Wehrmacht Awards forum and noticed he is a member!!..But i`m sure he would not sell it.. Maybe you could go and see it Very Happy

GCR817
    GCR817

Post by GCR817 Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:38 am

Hill677 wrote:
    ...badged officer helmets (as per your photo and God, I am still searching for that helmet)
    The photo of that helmet I found a few years ago on an individuals personal web page, the site was displaying some of their PPCLI collection. I have tried to find the site again but no luck...If my memory serves me right I believe he was a former serving member of the PPCLI and lives in Alberta.. I purchased a rare, early Senior NCO`s ie..RSM`s Cap badge from him ( i think it was him )..See photo...
    I registered on the Wehrmacht Awards forum and noticed he is a member!!..But i`m sure he would not sell it.. Maybe you could go and see it :

Thats a very nice badge and I have not seen one like it before. As for the helmet, maybe it was Paul Ayerst? If so, he no longer has the helmet (I have visited him). Marway Militaria had one like it a couple years ago, which I missed out on. It went to a Calgary collector (I suspect it was Victor Taboika as he shows on in his book that he recently published).
    In anycase, I trust one will come my way eventually. Probably when I am short of cash!

Cheers,

Geoff

Hill677
    Hill677

Post by Hill677 Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:27 am

Geoff Yes.. I believe it was Paul... Here is aphoto of the back side of the RSM cap Badge..

CHEERS!!

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Ppcli_12
    GCR817
    GCR817

Post by GCR817 Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Hill677 wrote:Geoff Yes.. I believe it was Paul... Here is aphoto of the back side of the RSM cap Badge..

CHEERS!!

PPCLI badged helmets from my collection Ppcli_12

Thanks for the additional photo. That is a really great badge and now, something new to search for!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 am