Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Hat Badges

Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Hat Badges Empty Hat Badges

Post by Cameraguy Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Question: Is anyone aware of reproduction Canadian hat badges hitting the market? Noticing there are many NNSH badges hitting the scene...many that are quite sparkly!
    Bill
    Bill

Hat Badges Empty Re: Hat Badges

Post by Bill Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Yes, there are many reproduction/copy Canadian cap badges on the market. Too many to list and describe here. I would reccomend you check the British and Commonwealth Military Badge Forum. There is lots of information about good and bad badges there.
    To help you out, there are some repros of the NNSH on the market. Beware of any brass ones, they were never made in brass. No matter what the vendor says.
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Thank you sir! Fortunately,I've been lucky to get the good ones,and my collecting of them is done now. Glad to have you informative fellows here! :)
    tremblay07
    tremblay07

Post by tremblay07 Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:43 am

I was wondering do even collar badges have makers marks?
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:55 am

Maker marks are a study in themselves. Several years ago, in corresponding with Scully's, I was told that the maker mark is an additional step in the badge making process. Therefore, not all badges were marked, but only some as a run was done. Some collars have marks.
    An additional note as related by Scully's. The use of the maker stamp/die is not a date marker. They were used as taken off the shelf. Obviously, the name changed and the maker die reflected the change, but only so far as the time the die was introduced. So, for example, it is possible that three different maker names/dies could be used in the same run.
    tremblay07
    tremblay07

Post by tremblay07 Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks for the info just making sure so far I have none with a makers mark hope I get one though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am