North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items.

Cameraguy

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items.

Post by Cameraguy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 pm

I finally got one! This fella is from out of Holland,and I picked it up for an amazingly great price!  You see the extra few pics I've added of the back...Scully/Montreal marked.   The few extras are of Lt. Alden Irivngs officers hat badge,but it is actually custom made from metal wire weave,plus a few pics I wanted to throw in. Watch out..now that I can add pics I'll probably drive you all insane. Sorry about the wonky photos.If anyone can flip those pics right side up,please feel free. Cheers! 

A few battledress and tunics

The left helmet with the NNSH sigs is original top with respray,and sand from Juno added to the 3rd Div flash paint .All sigs on middle helmet are D-Day NNSH Veterans,most of whom sadly,are gone now.

Lt.Percey Angus Thurrotte and Lt. Alden Irving Tam O'shanters....

Lt. Alden Irving's metal wire officers hat badge

Lt. Ripley and Lt. Irvings MKII's

Been searching for one of these for awhile.

Given to me by a NNSH Veteran.

What a piece of history here!

All copies of No Retreating Footsteps have many NNSH Veteran signatures that the boys were gracious enough to sign for me.

And finally...hope you guys don't mind me adding this one.

Last edited by Cameraguy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 am; edited 20 times in total

HLIofC

Re: North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items.

Post by HLIofC on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Very nice...congrats!

sixxpackjack

Post by sixxpackjack on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Nice! Did the cap come with it?

Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:42 pm

No,the Tam actually belonged "Original" NNSH Lt. Percey Angus Thurrott. The tam came to me as a grouping several years ago with his officers tunic and "Sam Brown". The tam had an "other ranks" NNSH hat badge but I wanted to put this on for display in my office.

I have the other original badge in Lt. Thurrotts tunic marked as the original one to the tam to ensure the history of it.One of these days I'll put all together take a pic and show some of my NNSH collection. I hope others will do same.

Cheers!

Bill

Post by Bill on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Would it be possible to get images of the back and a good front image (straight on) of the badge?

Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Does anyone know if you can flip the photos after they are placed on the site? They are proper when I load them,but flip on their side when uploaded. :P Cheers!

HLIofC

Post by HLIofC on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Looking at the pictures of your NNSH collection again...they are terrific, thanks for sharing them!

Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you sir! I'm quite proud of it. :)

Cameraguy

Another add to grouping

Post by Cameraguy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:32 pm

This is the tam and many photos of "Original" NNSH and D-Day Veteran CSM James McLure. Tam and photos were offered to me a few weeks ago,as the seller knew I already had some pieces from the owner. The great thing about this is I finally have photos of the man who's grouping I now own! I'ma happy man!

[/url

I'll upload better pics shortly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:17 pm

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:17 pm