Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

In Remembrance of the latest Irish Regiment of Canada Veterans who have passed on

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

In Remembrance of the latest Irish Regiment of Canada Veterans who have passed on Empty In Remembrance of the latest Irish Regiment of Canada Veterans who have passed on

Post by pylon1357 Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:25 pm

I got word last week that 2 Irish Regiment of Canada WWII veterans had passed away recently. One I had met and was a member of our Regimental Association. Ralph Budd was laid to rest on Thursday October 3, 2013. Also I was advised that Fred Fox, another of our veterans who was not an Association member passed away on September 25, 2013.

Just this evening I got the sad news that retired Major Paul Laparrie passed away today. Paul was one of our two men who served briefly in North Africa with the British Forces to gain much needed battle experience. I first met Paul in 2004, when he presented me with a plaque in appreciation for my work on my Irish Regiment of Canada Web Site. Paul you will be missed Sir.

I also was advised to night that our current Association President, Warren Bailey, is now in Kidney failure.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 am