Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Any help with a date for this photo please

Jonhno

Any help with a date for this photo please Empty Any help with a date for this photo please

Post by Jonhno Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:17 pm

I understand this white jacket was in use till the 20's or later, and these chaps are Black Watch I believe, can't make out the detail on the drum nor what medal is being worn, any help appreciated

John
    Any help with a date for this photo please Scan0011
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Any help with a date for this photo please Empty Re: Any help with a date for this photo please

Post by pylon1357 Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:16 am

Hello John, sorry I cannot add much to what you already know. Is it possible for you to scan this photo at 1600dpi? This may well bring out the detail in the medals, which identifying them, may well help narrow down the date of this photo.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    Jonhno

Any help with a date for this photo please Empty Re: Any help with a date for this photo please

Post by Jonhno Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:04 pm

pylon1357 wrote:Hello John, sorry I cannot add much to what you already know. Is it possible for you to scan this photo at 1600dpi? This may well bring out the detail in the medals, which identifying them, may well help narrow down the date of this photo.
    yeah will give it a go:2thup: 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am