Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

CadPat Is ILLEGAL PLEASE READ!!!!

Fortes97

CadPat Is ILLEGAL PLEASE READ!!!! Empty CadPat Is ILLEGAL PLEASE READ!!!!

Post by Fortes97 Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Hello, everyone, I would like to inform you about my experience what just happened yesterday from the top, it will be long but worth the read... anyways here we go..

It all started when I posted an add of my local classified called kijiji Halifax. I posted an ad of my Canadian Military gear for sale, because I figured I can use the money for something else..... I know it was stupid of me.. anyways on my ad I put my C7 Bayonet, Frag Vest, Tactical vest, pants,and Ballistic eye wear for sale.
    After about a week or two, a man who goes by the alias of Christopher Collins messaged me asking if he could purchase my gear for $500, and me how I love money I couldn't refuse, so I told him we could arrange a meet or something, then he went off the grid, so I waited it out for a month, until he messaged md saying he was out of town and that he still wants the gear, so him messaging me and not answering went on until 2 days ago when I was left a voicemail by him telling my to meet him at a specific location. So yesterday I went to meet him and he immediately asked if I had the bayonet, I said no its secure in my bag. and then he told me he was halifax regional police, and multiple police officers in unmarked cruisers came (They were already waiting in the parking lot) and told me I was under arrest for being in possession of stolen military gear. I was freaking out when they said that, and they immediately handcuffed me and sat me in the back of an unmarked cruiser. The military Police then arrived and transported to the closest post and sat me in a questioning room, they asked me where I purchased all my gear and I said mostly at the local surplus store and some friends sold it to me. The guy questions me is a criminal investigator with the military police. Anyways after 4-5 hours they confiscated all my gear and told me I still may be charged even though I didn't steal it and I paid for. Me, just turning 16 yesterday was terrified, I told them I didn't mean any bad and I just bought it for a collection. Anyways I was released and he said he will contact me later letting me know if I will be charged, but he said it looks good since I was cooperative. Overall pretty scary being placed in cuffs and the back of an undercover police car, still a shocker to me..... He said I may or may not get my gear back or pieces of it.. so I learned the real answer that CADPAT IS ILLEGAL, just thought I would let people know so something else like this wouldn't happen to anyone. Thanks for reading.
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

CadPat Is ILLEGAL PLEASE READ!!!! Empty Re: CadPat Is ILLEGAL PLEASE READ!!!!

Post by mk1rceme Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:43 pm

I saw this on IACMC and copied it to this forum...we have been discussing it for a while now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

L.E.

Post by L.E. Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Well the Gov and Canada are busy.

Last edited by L.E. on Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updating)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 am