Found in surplus

Canadian Corporal

Found in surplus

Post by Canadian Corporal on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:46 am

Hi everyone. I found this quite a few months ago, put it away safely, and forgot about it till this morning when I was doing some after Christmas cleaning up. It appears to be a concealable shoulder harness for an automatic pistol. On one side you have the holster and on the other side is the carrier for spare mags. I have looked all over it and there are no marking anywhere on it. I believe it is Canadian because it uses the same material used on pouches on the '82 pattern webbing and the buckles appear similar. Anyone seen one of these before?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shoulder Holsters

Post by edstorey on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:51 am

Yes, they were common issue in Afghanistan and come in Left and Right versions.

Re: Found in surplus

Post by Infanteer on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:26 pm

There were also copies of this style holster available in the markets at Kandahar airfield and in some shops on the boardwalk.

Post by recceboy on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:59 pm

We tankers had them issued to the Armoured Observer types that flew with the Kiowa's , and were continued to be issued until they were taken out of service. I have one down stairs right next to my green leather version.

Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:25 am

I have to say that is a nice original pick up. Congrats John. somewhere in my mass I have a tan 1, made at Al's sweatshop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:32 pm

Current date/time is Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:32 pm