Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Family find

tremblay07
    tremblay07

Family find Empty Family find

Post by tremblay07 Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Just met family and I finally found something on my great great uncle here is his legion things it's a start xD{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]}
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Family find Empty Re: Family find

Post by jholl72 Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Congrats on finding something of your uncles!! Is there any info on the bracelet in the back of the pic? Did you ever call the Legion and see if they had any information on your uncle? Have you done the LAC search yet?(I presume you have but had to ask)

tremblay07

Post by tremblay07 Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:16 pm

He died not to long ago but I never knew nothing about him before but I tried to get his files and stuff they said they were burned because he was a reservest but I don't even think he was in the reserves. I went down to where he lived and I met family that I never knew and they gave me his legion things.They are going to give me a call when they get everything together of his. He has medals and I didn't contact the legion because I met the people who took care of him and they have all of his things which they are willing to give to me
    tremblay07
    tremblay07

Post by tremblay07 Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:17 pm

The bracelet is from like the 1970s he carved his name on it and there is some women inside it but he never married or anything so no one knows who it is. Hard to find anything on him after the war he never worked and he lived with his mother . Do you know his French soldiers had to change there names because his cousin was in the van doos and had to change his last name to King it was Roy before

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm