Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Ebay NNSH uniform

Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Ebay NNSH uniform Empty Ebay NNSH uniform

Post by Cameraguy Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Uh huh.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW1-CEF-WW2-British-CANADIAN-battledress-jacket-North-Nova-Scotia-Highlanders-/251604996345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a94d390f9
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Ebay NNSH uniform Empty Re: Ebay NNSH uniform

Post by pylon1357 Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:09 am

What has you set off in regards to this one? Something seems off to me, but I do not what it is exactly. I saw this offering but passed by it based on nothing more than a 'gut' feeling, and an empty war chest. LOL

I have edited this post of mine simply to clarify, I see nothing overtly wrong with this offering. I do not want any of comments to cause the seller of this tunic any undue harm.

I am still waiting for a reply to my original question if something has put the poster off in regards to this tunic, or was the original post simply to bring attention to this offering.

Last edited by pylon1357 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Ebay NNSH uniform Empty Ebay NNSH uniform

Post by Tankermike Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:24 am

The battle dress looks good to me, the shoulder flashes look post war but may be late war type.

I know the seller, he is not known to make things up. He travels through British Columbia and Alberta and is a picker, military and other antiques. All the dealings I have had with him have been straight forward.
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:05 am

Tankermike wrote:The battle dress looks good to me, the shoulder flashes look post war but may be late war type.

I know the seller, he is not known to make things up. He travels through British Columbia and Alberta and is a picker, military and other antiques. All the dealings I have had with him have been straight forward.

That is very good news Mike. As I said, something looked off to me but it could not, and still cannot figure out what. I suspect it may just be me being overly cautious.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:43 am

He had several battle dress at the Fort Macleod show, all looked good to me. He finds stuff sometimes that is very surprising, especially NWMP and RNWMP items.
    48th
    48th

Post by 48th Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 am

Shoulder titles look like glue/starch back to me, dating from around mid 1945.
    Could be his coming home BD from the end of the war/post war. Not much signs of use. I prefer my BD's a little more salty.

I doubt if it will go for a lot of money.
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:35 pm

For me it's the complete lack of any apparent age that makes me uneasy. Now that doesn't mean it's not original, but it's not the type of item I would purchase based on these photos alone.

Mike, even good sellers can pick up bad items. Just something to consider.
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:39 pm

I requested an authenticity/history if possible. No replies as of yet and I usually get a reply on something being sold very quickly. It'll be interesting to see what the end sales price is...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am