Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Another Single issue BWM comes into my collection this time Laverick of the 56th Bn.

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Another Single issue BWM comes into my collection this time Laverick of the 56th Bn. Empty Another Single issue BWM comes into my collection this time Laverick of the 56th Bn.

Post by pylon1357 Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:01 am

Well I just picked up another lonely single British War Medal (Full Entitlement). This one is named to 447114 Pte. Henry Laverick of the 56th Battalion Canadian Infantry.

This was another eBay pick up. I was the lone bidder. I have not had a chance to do much research yet because his service records are currently no available. One of the few hings I know is he was an Original Member of the 56th Bn.

Note this medal came with the incorrect ribbon, this ribbon is for the World War Two War Medal. Nice bonus that this ribbon is an original and is long enough to be used for a WWII mount.

If I can keep picking up single full entitlements like this, I will be quite happy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    lorne19
    lorne19

Another Single issue BWM comes into my collection this time Laverick of the 56th Bn. Empty Re: Another Single issue BWM comes into my collection this time Laverick of the 56th Bn.

Post by lorne19 Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Congrats on the find, you seem to be on a roll when it comes to single entitlements. Score on the ribbon too, better this than some crappy modern replacement BWM ribbon.

Merry Christmas

Lorne jr
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Another Single issue BWM comes into my collection this time Laverick of the 56th Bn. Empty Re: Another Single issue BWM comes into my collection this time Laverick of the 56th Bn.

Post by pylon1357 Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:56 pm

In regards to the ribbon, that was my thought exactly. I have some good quality modern replacement ribbon, so if I have to swap out the ribbon anyway, I may as well score myself a nice piece of ribbon.

I also have a small amount of original silk BWM ribbon, but I hate like heck to use it. Once it is used up, I fear I will never get any more.

I have been quite lucky lately adding single BWMs as full entitlements. I hope this trend continues.

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:05 am

Here is Laverick's British War Medal, now that I have had a few minutes to mount it up with the correct ribbon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm