Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Rifle Sling ????

thegate
    thegate

Rifle Sling ???? Empty Rifle Sling ????

Post by thegate Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:42 am

Question for you, what type of Rifle Sling went on the Canadian Ross MKIII?
    edstorey
    edstorey

Rifle Sling ???? Empty Good Question

Post by edstorey Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:52 pm

A very good question and one that you should be able to research on your own. A good place to start would be to go to your local library and request The Ross Rifle Story. When you have done the research come back and tell us what you have discovered.

thegate
    thegate

Rifle Sling ???? Empty Re: Rifle Sling ????

Post by thegate Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Tabarnak Ed, why you have a topical research or other if you can't ask question without getting return. ????

in my village there was nothing on the first war with regard to the equipment.

But I believe that it is the british enfield martini-henry which was used.

that is if I am wrong tell me.
    edstorey
    edstorey

Rifle Sling ???? Empty Asking Questions

Post by edstorey Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:37 pm

The problem is that too many collectors look at the computer as a 'magic box', ask a question, get an answer and move onto the next question - without ever learning anything. In my opinion, the question you are asking about rifle slings is a 'magic box' question and one that you should be able to answer without asking the forum. I cannot stress enough the importance of owning good references or being able to use the library system to your advantage.

This is almost Collecting 101 - Even if you do not want to ever own a book or step into a library, at least be able to use the internet in order to answer such a basic question.

Considering you went and purchased a deactivated DP Mk III Ross Rifle, your first New Years resolution for 2015 should have been to go and spend $40.00 on a good Ross reference book.
    37patt
    37patt

Post by 37patt Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:56 pm

I typed in Ross rifle sling and came up with several hits that proved useful. They were in English of course, but you seem to have a very good grasp of the English language. Of course pictures are universal.

At worst I have used one of the translation sites to read various web sites in German, Italiian, French and Serbian among others - I do not have the skill you do with a second language.

While Ed may come off as a bit blunt, he does have a good point. Learning basic research is a vey important skill for any collector.
    Learn how to research the internet and always buy books on any subject that interests you.

Please let us know how it goes for you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:27 am