Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for?

Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for? Empty Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for?

Post by Wgrenadier Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Just Kidding! Though it would be nice if sellers were that direct when they inquired on forums! lol

I actually just spotted this binocular case with the most interesting interpretation of Zephyr I have ever seen...

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for? Bino_110

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for? Bino_210

Last edited by Wgrenadier on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    edstorey
    edstorey

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for? Empty Free Identification and Appraisal

Post by edstorey Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:04 pm

That is a very rare 4.2" Mortar Sight Carrier and only made for one year by Leamington Lighting and Tableware. Worth at least $150.00 as it was only issued to the Airborne for the proposed invasion of Japan, as indicated by the Broad Arrow O.
    48th
    48th

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for? Empty Re: Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for?

Post by 48th Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Wow! That is an amazing find. I would have thought it was just a later war binocular case.

Ed, I also did not know the 4.2" mortar was issued to airborne troops. The reading I have done refer to the massive 4.2" as being mostly used by the artillery?
    Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for? Empty Re: Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for?

Post by Wgrenadier Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:38 pm

I think this post is more SATIRE than FACT, 48th...that or Ed and I just unintentionally created some new lore for collectors... duh
    Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Post by Wgrenadier Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:50 pm

By the way, thanks for the identification and pricing Ed! I'll be sure to copy and paste your description into my eBay listing and start the bidding at $140 (I wouldn't want to get greedy).
    2 thumbs up

Considering you took the time to provide the information (erroneously thinking that I was a fellow collector with a genuine interest in the item), I'll be happy to sell it to you for, shall we say, $130?
    lol
    edstorey
    edstorey

Hey Ed, what is this and how much can I sell it for? Empty Sight Case

Post by edstorey Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:01 am

I would be happier with $120.00 as it is missing the quick-release snaps on the side of the case.
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:15 am

Did you write that or did you find it like that
    Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Post by Wgrenadier Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:42 pm

It was a listing I came across recently on eBay. I would never 'touch up' faded markings with a sharpie like that. lol

Ed - $130 is a hell of a deal considering it was appraised at $150... :P
    48th
    48th

Post by 48th Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:39 pm

Right now Ed is wishing he appraised it for $50 duh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm