Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

recent acquires

barriefield-brian
    barriefield-brian

recent acquires - Page 2 Empty Re: recent acquires

Post by barriefield-brian Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:57 pm

Jonhno wrote:nice collection Brian, thanks for the extra info 2 thumbs up , one tip for your pics I find is to take them outside, though this time of year is not the warmest!! I have one ww2 german made bugle that's grey painted steel, markneukirschen maker, 43 dated, its in the key of C (or the mouthpiece is?)

sorry one more question, the shell case, is that for a bofor's and is that stencilling?

Don't have a German bugle yet. The shell casing is 40mm Headstamp 1942 with British broad arrow among other markings. I was going to polish it up but saw the stenciling when I got home and figured I would lose that by polishing. The stamping is an arc over a T. Then B 28F then a square box with an L inside, Then Can. Is this Canadian? You would think it would be the Arrow inside the C if it was. Brian
    Jonhno

recent acquires - Page 2 Empty Re: recent acquires

Post by Jonhno Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:56 pm

a fellow round collector I know sought out the one's with a stencil on, as apparently you do not find that too often, leave it with me I will see if I can find out for you what it means, I believe the arc means arctic, so would be ok to use in cold weather, in this case with the stencil I would agree and not polish it

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 am