Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

KIJIJI Finds

Canadian Corporal
    Canadian Corporal

KIJIJI Finds Empty KIJIJI Finds

Post by Canadian Corporal Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi everyone. It has been quiet on the collecting front since the Ottawa show. But in the past 2 weeks on Kijiji, I have found a few goodies. First up, a WW2 helmet that appears completely original. This is my first "lid".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I do not know much about ww2 lids so if someone can chime it on what I have it would be great.

Next up is a 1970's air force flotation vest that appears mint with an inspectors sticker marked, I believe, 1976.

Since Air Force gear is not my cup of tea, this item is for sale for $25.00 plus the ride.

Next is a couple of .30 caliber M1917 ammo belts. From what I was able to find out, they appear to be WW2 M3 100 rounds. One is complete length, another is missing about 3 feet of length, and the other 2 are "shorty's".

The next item, I am not sure. Could it be a "housewife" ? I think that is the term for it.

Next up is 3 '64 pattern belts. One is minty with original plastic buckle. The other 2 have a style of metal buckle I have never seen before. Any body seen these ?

Finally, La creme de la creme, what appears to be a New old stock '64 pattern rucksack bag. It looks 100% new, no tears, no dirt and a perfectly readable stamp and date inside it.

Since I already have one, I would like to trade this bag for an equal condition '64 ruck frame, and if there are no takers, it will be up for sale for $90.00.

Have a good week!
    ypres
    ypres

KIJIJI Finds Empty Re: KIJIJI Finds

Post by ypres Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Nice items,

Helmet appears to be the Civil Defence version from WWII. The green pouch is a holdall. Yours appears WWI Vintage based on the colour ... if you check inside it you may find a C arrow and it may be made by Berlin Bag and Trunk ? This marking is near the ties on the inside, sometimes it can be faint.

Nice haul

Ypres
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:02 pm

The markings on the holdalls can also be under the flaps or inside the pocket. The DP&H stands for Department of Pensions and Health. These helmets are stamped of mild steel and were intended for use by ARP organizations. The inspection due sticker on the flotation device are commonly used by the air force but I'm not sure that they are exclusively an air force item. They simply are a means of indicating to the user when an item is due for a regular inspection.
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:39 am

Interesting items, the floatation device reminds me of fishing with my uncle, he had these in his boat, he was ex RCAF. Does it have the Co2 cartridge? Sourcing those will be difficult as they are not the same as civi vests like Mustang.
    Canadian Corporal
    Canadian Corporal

Post by Canadian Corporal Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Tanker mike, no it doesn't have the inflation cartridge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:02 pm