Flag icon opinions

mk1rceme
    Administrator

Flag icon opinions

Post by mk1rceme on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:13 pm

As some of you may have noticed I have placed icons in some of the categories depicting the war the category represents.

I found that while skimming through the forum index, wanting to go to the WWII category, I would end up in the WWI category because the look so similar. I have not found a representative flag for these categories as of yet and was wondering if the community thinks this is an ok idea.

If so, what flag do you think would best represent these categories? The only ideas I've had so far for WWI & II would be the Imperial and Third Reich flags of Germany. Not sure if I want to bring the TR into the mix, but this is who Canada fought. As far as Pre-WWI, I was thinking the old ensign flag.

Opinions?

mk1rceme
    Administrator

Re: Flag icon opinions

Post by mk1rceme on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:33 am

anyone? hmmm

GCR817

Post by GCR817 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Dale,

I like your idea of using flags to mark sections. I am fond of the ensign and I suppose if you wish to split hairs, you could use the 7 Prov ensign for Pre WW1, 9 Prov for WW1 and the ensign for WW2. Although, the 7 and 9 prov look very similar.

Cheers,

Geoff
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Yeah, the 7 province ensign would be ok for pre-WWI. Only problem is that the icons are so small the different ensigns all look alike, so they won't work on WWI & II. I tried this out already and I couldn't tell the difference. We need something different for WWI & II unfortunately.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:08 am