8th Recce Battledress

    Share

    Michael Reintjes
    Member

    Posts : 203
    Join date : 2009-12-03
    Age : 52
    Location : Southwestern Ontario

    8th Recce Battledress

    Post by Michael Reintjes on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:52 am

    8th Recce Battledress Jacket


    GCR817
    Moderator

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2009-11-25
    Location : Edmonton, AB

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by GCR817 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 am

    Very nice Michael,

    The 8th Recce BD is one of the few Sask unit BDs that I am missing from my collection!

    Do you know who the original owner was?

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Cheers,

    Geoff

    Michael Reintjes
    Member

    Posts : 203
    Join date : 2009-12-03
    Age : 52
    Location : Southwestern Ontario

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by Michael Reintjes on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:37 pm

    I wish it was an named example...It came from a used clothing store in BC...but I,m unable to find any provenance...a real shame,most of mine are named and of course that opens the door for lots of research.

    GCR817
    Moderator

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2009-11-25
    Location : Edmonton, AB

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by GCR817 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:53 pm

    Still a great BD! I wish I had of been the one to find it in a used clothes shop!

    Cheers,

    Geoff

    GCR817
    Moderator

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2009-11-25
    Location : Edmonton, AB

    Beret

    Post by GCR817 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:34 pm

    Micheal,

    Did the beret come with the tunic? I was wondering if you could provide some pics of the beret and the badge. It would be nice to see an original badge as was worn.

    Thanks,

    Geoff

    southsaskscotty
    Member

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2009-12-20
    Location : Willmar, SK

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by southsaskscotty on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:41 pm

    GCR817 wrote:

    The 8th Recce BD is one of the few Sask unit BDs that I am missing from my collection!

    Geoff

    Geoff, does this mean that you have a WWII South Saskatchewan Regiment BD? That is the holy grail for me!

    Scott

    GCR817
    Moderator

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2009-11-25
    Location : Edmonton, AB

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by GCR817 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:32 pm

    southsaskscotty wrote:
    GCR817 wrote:

    The 8th Recce BD is one of the few Sask unit BDs that I am missing from my collection!

    Geoff

    Geoff, does this mean that you have a WWII South Saskatchewan Regiment BD? That is the holy grail for me!

    Scott

    Hi Scott,

    I do have a BD to the SSR.

    Cheers,

    Geoff

    southsaskscotty
    Member

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2009-12-20
    Location : Willmar, SK

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by southsaskscotty on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm

    GCR817 wrote:
    southsaskscotty wrote:
    GCR817 wrote:

    The 8th Recce BD is one of the few Sask unit BDs that I am missing from my collection!

    Geoff

    Geoff, does this mean that you have a WWII South Saskatchewan Regiment BD? That is the holy grail for me!

    Scott

    Hi Scott,

    I do have a BD to the SSR.

    Cheers,

    Geoff

    You Lucky bugger.....I would love to see pics of it should you ever have time to shoot some my way....I can shoot you my e-mail if you like!

    happy holidays
    Scott

    GCR817
    Moderator

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2009-11-25
    Location : Edmonton, AB

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by GCR817 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:27 pm

    Hi Scott,

    I would be happy to send you pics. It is a good original tunic and pants but really nothing too special to look at.

    Do you have a particular interest in the SSR?

    I was lucky to purchase BD to the Regina Rifles, SSR and SLI as a group from an old Sask collector who had picked them up from the veterans years ago. I've also added a PA Vols tunic to the lot since then.

    If you send you your email I'll get some pics off to you over the holidays.

    Have a Merry Christmas,

    Geoff

    Sponsored content

    Re: 8th Recce Battledress

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:39 am


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:39 am