Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt

Chuck Biscuits

4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt Empty 4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt

Post by Chuck Biscuits Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:02 pm

4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt Img_2025
    4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt Img_2024
    ypres
    ypres

4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt Empty Re: 4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt

Post by ypres Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Great Helmet ! Is the rectangle dark green or blue ... looks more blue to me.... its hard to tell from the photo! Can you send a photo of the liner?

Ypres
    Chuck Biscuits

4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt Empty Re: 4th or 16th batt rimless brodie,im thinking 4th batt

Post by Chuck Biscuits Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:07 pm

its really hard to tell,even in person..at first i thought blue which would make it 16th batt(canadian scottish) but today it looked green to me which would make it the 4th..unfortunately theres no liner left in it but i was given the last name of its former wearer "Patricks" and also a Prussian Pickaloabe that he had captured and mailed home early in the war..the Pickaloabe is named and reg marked on the inside..with a little time and research (if the german muster lists still exist) i am hoping to trace it to the battle it was taken from if possible..im presently between moving and picking thru boxes of helmets ive come across..and it seems ive finally figured out the pictures thing Very Happy
    ypres
    ypres

Post by ypres Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Chuck Biscuits wrote:its really hard to tell,even in person..at first i thought blue which would make it 16th batt(canadian scottish) but today it looked green to me which would make it the 4th..unfortunately theres no liner left in it but i was given the last name of its former wearer "Patricks" and also a Prussian Pickaloabe that he had captured and mailed home early in the war..the Pickaloabe is named and reg marked on the inside..with a little time and research (if the german muster lists still exist) i am hoping to trace it to the battle it was taken from if possible..im presently between moving and picking thru boxes of helmets ive come across..and it seems ive finally figured out the pictures thing Very Happy

I couldn't find a Patricks in the NAC files. I looked up Patrick but no service number that corresponded to the 4th or the 16th. He may have been a reinforcement and not an original.

Ypres

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am