Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post?

BC Canada

Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post? Empty Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post?

Post by BC Canada Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:48 pm

I found this brigadiers cap at a nearby military antique store. The owner believes it’s WW2 but the makers label for Hobson&Sons seems wrong. I’ve seen the pith helmets and pillbox hats have cloth Hobson&Sons labels (I’ve attached one) but he is convinced it is WW2 and not post. He thinks they would have had multiple makers labels.Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post? 2eaa4610
    Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post? 8e334d10
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post? Empty Re: Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post?

Post by jholl72 Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Have you got other photos of the visor? There's other features that will help determine if its a WWII cap or not. Based on the sweatshield material alone I would tend to think its post war as well.

BC Canada

Post by BC Canada Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 pm

This is the only other picture I have. The side buttons are the correct GRiv which narrows it down to 1936-1953, however I know many post war hats have war insignia placed on them. especially high ranking officers like this Hobson and sons cap. Ww2 or Post? Img_3318

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 am