Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Help To Identify A Badge

compassneedle

Help To Identify A Badge Empty Help To Identify A Badge

Post by compassneedle Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 pm

I am new to the Forum so hope this is in the correct area.  I would appreciate help in identifying this cap badge.  It is a large badge, 4.5 by 6 cm.  I have seen many Special Constable police badges but never one with a pickled finish and usually they have the name of a municipality on them.  With the pickled finish, prominent crown, beaver and maple leaf motifs and CANADA scroll at the bottom it has many characteristics of a CEF badge. In over 50 years of badging I haven't seen it or a reference to it before.  I will now attempt to add photos of it, wish me luck.Help To Identify A Badge Scan0011
    Help To Identify A Badge Scan0010

SCMuseum
    SCMuseum

Help To Identify A Badge Empty Re: Help To Identify A Badge

Post by SCMuseum Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:21 am

This is a shot in the dark, but could it be connected to the Canadian Corps of Commissionaires (Commissionaires Canada)?

It doesn't appear to be RCMP, I'd expect to see a bison.

It also bears a slight resemblance to what the Royal Canadian Army Pay Corps would have worn.
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:55 am

This has been making the rounds. I notice the original post was in June. These badges were for special constables taken into service circa 1917-18 and maybe a bit later. It has been indicated they were to enforce the conscription act, and sent to find dodgers and bring them in to comply with the law. It appears they were later absorbed by the Dominion Police force.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm