Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

More of a suggestion than anything else.

Dave_Block
    Dave_Block

More of a suggestion than anything else. Empty More of a suggestion than anything else.

Post by Dave_Block Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

This is a great site and I'd love to participate more but I have a big problem, I'm on 'dial-up'! Yeah, I know, it's like being on a party line but there ya go. The large photos attached to many of the threads take forever to download (at my end) and then they are repeated when someone replies to the thread. Is there any way to make them 'thumbnails' which could be enlarged if desired?
    Likewise, I would love to attach my own scans but the downloading/uploading process is waaay out of my comfort zone. Financial circumstances/location won't let me upgrade at the moment. Dale, could I send you pics via personal e-mail and have you post them? I know it's asking a lot but at present I'm kind of stuck for options. My Dad was in the R.C.E.M.E. as a Craftsman and I have a whack of uniform/insignia questions about him. I'm putting together a shadow-box and want to get it right.

Cheers, Dave
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

More of a suggestion than anything else. Empty Re: More of a suggestion than anything else.

Post by mk1rceme Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Dave_Block wrote:This is a great site and I'd love to participate more but I have a big problem, I'm on 'dial-up'! Yeah, I know, it's like being on a party line but there ya go. The large photos attached to many of the threads take forever to download (at my end) and then they are repeated when someone replies to the thread. Is there any way to make them 'thumbnails' which could be enlarged if desired?
    Likewise, I would love to attach my own scans but the downloading/uploading process is waaay out of my comfort zone. Financial circumstances/location won't let me upgrade at the moment. Dale, could I send you pics via personal e-mail and have you post them? I know it's asking a lot but at present I'm kind of stuck for options. My Dad was in the R.C.E.M.E. as a Craftsman and I have a whack of uniform/insignia questions about him. I'm putting together a shadow-box and want to get it right.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave! I think there is an option to make the pictures into thumbnails but I haven't tried it yet. No problem if you want to send me the pictures and I can post them for you. You can start a topic and I can add the pictures for you. You can send them to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Right now the picture host on this forum is the only one available. Eventually, as we get more members, I will probably move the forum to a new forum host with better options for picture posting and such. All in due time though. You are more than welcome to use a picture hosting site of your choice too.

I am curious to see your pictures. My Grandfather was a Craftsman in the RCEME as well...1st Division, 3rd Brigade. He was a driver mechanic and fitter.

pylon1357
    Global Moderator

More of a suggestion than anything else. Empty Re: More of a suggestion than anything else.

Post by pylon1357 Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Dave_Block wrote:This is a great site and I'd love to participate more but I have a big problem, I'm on 'dial-up'! Yeah, I know, it's like being on a party line but there ya go. The large photos attached to many of the threads take forever to download (at my end) and then they are repeated when someone replies to the thread. Is there any way to make them 'thumbnails' which could be enlarged if desired?

Cheers, Dave

Dave, I am in the exact same boat as you are. I live in the country, dial up is the only option I really have. There is a High speed wireless company that now services my area but due to the geographic location of my house, I would have to put a tower on the hill beside my place and then bury a cable to the house. As the hill side is treed, this is not an option either. The costs involved for me to go wireless is just too much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am