Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Feedback Needed!

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Feedback Needed! Empty Feedback Needed!

Post by mk1rceme Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:21 am

I spent a bit of time trimming the fat on the forum. Got rid of some categories and combined the posts that were in them with the existing ones...and moved some things around. Some of you were giving me ideas on what to do, so now I just need some clarification that this is what was requested. I can still do other modifications if needed.

mk1rceme
    Administrator

Feedback Needed! Empty Re: Feedback Needed!

Post by mk1rceme Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:58 am

Also, if I buggered something up please let me know. I have been up late and getting kind of pie-eyed while changing things around. Trying to stay awake since I am on night shift for the next week.

qsamike

Post by qsamike Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:02 am

Goodmorning Dale.....

My suggestion is that a limit on the number of items that can be sold in one year also that you have to made at least 50 or 100 posts.....

Suggest that you look at the rules and regulations that are posted on the British Medal Forum, theirs seem to be quite good.....

Mike
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 am

Dale.....

Here are the links.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some members of CMCF are also members of BMF (I recognize the handles)so if they agree maybe they can let you know what they think......

Mike
    Wouter
    Wouter

Post by Wouter Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 am

So you mean that if you have made an insufficient number of posts, you are prohibited from selling more items then a set number in a year? If this is indeed what you mean, I am hereby predicting that it won't work. People will just make senseless posts, just to make it past either the 50 or 100 posts mark, thus filling the forum with posts full of useless chatter.

On the other hand I do like the fact that there are somewhat less boards on the homepage. I'll take a good critical look at it later this week and might come up with a few more suggestions.

Wouter
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 am

Wouter.....

Which would you rather have line after line of items for sale from someone and them basically turning the forum into their own FREE sales catalogue.....

There has to be some control and limits.....

Mike
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 am

I have considered this at the start, but chose not to implement it...yet. When we get more members and more people post in the marketplace then it may be required. So far no one...except me...has taken advantage of that section yet.

I do appreciate the input on this though.

Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 am

qsamike wrote:Wouter.....

Which would you rather have line after line of items for sale from someone and them basically turning the forum into their own FREE sales catalogue.....

There has to be some control and limits.....

Mike

Well then perhaps there could be a small fee for posting items for sale and the proceeds could go towards maintaining and improving the forum.

Another option, if it's a concern, would be to ban the sale of items on the forum. Make it strictly an information exchange. I too suspect that if there is a minimum number of posts required then you will get an overabundance of responses that contribute nothing to the discussion. This is a hobby for me and I participate as time allows. I will not go out of my way to make posts in order to meet a minimum standard. If I am not wanted on a forum because I don't participate enough then so be it.
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:22 am

Please forgive my lack of participation here lately, my newest position has found me with much less free time than before.

At this time, I don't see the need for a minimum number of posts, or other restrictions in regard to selling items on the forum. Maybe in the future but not currently.

I would suggest at this time, we just let things ride as they are. We all pretty much have had some contact with each other either in person or on other forums.

I can not see it being a huge issue (presently) to simply monitor the for sale sections and see how it goes, if someone is abusing the system, then deal with them on a case by case situation. What I mean is....should Steve for some reason wish to liquidate much of his collection here then so be it. However if a new fellow no one knows of should start trying to do the same, we would have to look a little deeper into the motives.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:33 pm

You da man Cliff! I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind keeping an eye on the sections for any trouble...so far everybody has been civilized so I don't see any issues coming up soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm