Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Found strange military bags

wirelessradio
    wirelessradio

Found strange military bags Empty Found strange military bags

Post by wirelessradio Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 pm

A good friend of mine has a military surplus near Alma Lac St-Jean. Around 200 kilometer north of Quebec city. After 35 years of accumulation it is time for him to close the store. He has hundred of cardboard boxes and sometimes it is difficult to identify.

I found three large boxes of military bags. On the first I see 5.56 MM Ball C77 10 RO Clips 87K06-30. The length is 17 ''.

The other bag has a very long belt. No marks or identifications.

Thanks

Roger

Found strange military bags Sac_1

Found strange military bags Sac_2
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Found strange military bags Empty Re: Found strange military bags

Post by Infanteer Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 pm

The top item is a bandolier for holding 5.56 mm (.223) that is loaded on 10 round plastic clips for quick loading of C7 (M16 type) magazines. When issued, it would have cardboard liners in three of the pockets which then held 3 clips (30 rounds) each and the last pocket would hold 1 clip (10 rounds) with a magazine charger (guide) for a total of 100 rounds of ammunition.

The bottom item is a bandolier for holding the 200 round plastic drum of belted 5.56 mm ammunition for the C9 (M249 type) light machine gun.

These are considered disposable items and there is not much value to them.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm