Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

my latest pickups from the Ottawa show

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

my latest pickups from the Ottawa show  Empty my latest pickups from the Ottawa show

Post by pylon1357 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:57 pm

I attended the Ottawa show on Sunday, was nice to finally get to a show. Unfortunately, I was suffering from massive jet lag. I was not able to keep my focus nor my attention for any length of time.

I picked up another 1st Hussars Cap Badge to repplace the existing one I have on display. The existing one just looks odd to me so I figured I would replace it.

I also decided that since my current collecting focus has not yielded many new acquisitions, I needed to branch out. Therefore, I am starting a collection of Canadian Command Brest Badges. Currently I have these 3, Canadian Forces Europe, Air Command, and Mobile Command.

my latest pickups from the Ottawa show  Haul_f10

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

my latest pickups from the Ottawa show  Empty Re: my latest pickups from the Ottawa show

Post by mk1rceme Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Sweet! Glad to have you back in familiar territory.

jholl72
    Administrator

my latest pickups from the Ottawa show  Empty Re: my latest pickups from the Ottawa show

Post by jholl72 Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Welcome home buddy! Nice pickups, don't forget about the stuff I have for you!

recceboy

Post by recceboy Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Air Command badge was worn by Mogan Freeman on his beret in the new movie REDS. Thought that looked familier.

Anthony

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:32 am

Although not technically picked up at the Ottawa Show, I picked up the following brass titles after discussing my collection with a fellow collector at the show. The Irish Cadet patch was actually picked up on the way home from visiting this lad, and the Westminster titles I had picked up just prior to my departure overseas in February.

All these titles are in very nice condition, and I welcome them into the folds of my collection, which as pretty much stalled out in regards to new acquisitions.

my latest pickups from the Ottawa show  Sdc13210

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    recceboy
    recceboy

Post by recceboy Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Nice looking Strathcona's titles.................

Anthony
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:12 pm

recceboy wrote:Air Command badge was worn by Mogan Freeman on his beret in the new movie REDS. Thought that looked familier.

Anthony

Haven't seen the movie yet but I checked that out on the trailer...it sure the hell looks like the same badge. Those prop guys will slap anything together for a film.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm