Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Some more of my CEF collection...

ledfut
    ledfut

Some more of my CEF collection... Empty Some more of my CEF collection...

Post by ledfut Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 pm

A few little displays I have put together for some Manitoba Battalions in the CEF:

Some more of my CEF collection... 2_zps679cb322

Some more of my CEF collection... 3_zps62518032

Some more of my CEF collection... 5_zps2f1c513d

Last edited by ledfut on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jonhno

Some more of my CEF collection... Empty Re: Some more of my CEF collection...

Post by Jonhno Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm

really nice collection you have, could you show some more detail of the helmet please, have a single WW1 44th medal if you are interested
    ledfut
    ledfut

Post by ledfut Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Jonhno wrote:really nice collection you have, could you show some more detail of the helmet please, have a single WW1 44th medal if you are interested
    Some more of my CEF collection... Image_zps3b70dd17

Some more of my CEF collection... Image_zps2dea7eea

Some more of my CEF collection... Image_zps0afb53a9

Some more of my CEF collection... Image_zpsad95bc29
    Jonhno

Post by Jonhno Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:45 am

very nice thanks for the extra pictures
    birkie
    birkie

Post by birkie Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:09 am

fantastic headgear, really like the helmet and the very hard to find visor cap. I'm sure you've been to the Royal Winnipeg Rifles Museum in Winnipeg given you're in Manitoba. You will find the same helmet on display there.
    67Rally
    67Rally

Post by 67Rally Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Tell me, Ledfoot, what do you have pulled over that styro-headform? That looks really nice!
    ledfut
    ledfut

Post by ledfut Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:41 pm

I use cotton stockinette. You can pick it up by the roll at most medical supply stores. I found someone on another forum who recommended it - not only looks good, but helps to protect the caps from any potential harmful effects from the chemicals in the styrofoam.
    ledfut
    ledfut

Post by ledfut Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Assuming that there are more Canadian military cap collectors out there than just Clive and myself, I thought I would post a few pictures of some of my WW1 caps.  

As I am sure most of you are well aware, finding original badged CEF caps with provenance is both a very difficult and costly venture.  I have one cap in my collection - to the 43rd Battalion CEF - which I consider to be 100% complete and original.  The other caps - despite all still being original WW1 caps - were either acquired "incomplete" or without provenance (missing pieces, non-original badge, etc.).   Not only are they easier to find in this state, but they are considerably more affordable.  In these cases, I have either restored the cap (using original pieces) or replaced the badge (using the original lug holes) for display purposes.   I do not pretend or try to suggest that these caps are 100% authentic, but they display very nicely in my personal office/library/"museum" and help me to pay tribute to a number of Manitoba Battalions of the CEF.  

Should I ever decide to part with any of these I would either give full disclosure as to any additions or changes made, or I would remove the "display" badge and sell the cap separately so as not to mislead anyone.  It is not an issue at this point as the caps are a prized part of my collection and I have no intention of parting with them anytime soon.

Craig

1st Canadian Mounted Rifles:

Some more of my CEF collection... 1CMR_zps70422faa

8th Battalion CEF ("Little Black Devils"):

Some more of my CEF collection... 8th_zpsead8a820

43rd Battalion CEF (Cameron Highlanders of Canada):

Some more of my CEF collection... 43rd_zps82c85243

44th Battalion CEF:

Some more of my CEF collection... 44th_zpsbd905892

107th Canadian Pioneer Battalion:

Some more of my CEF collection... 107th_zpsb990b318

184th Battalion CEF:

Some more of my CEF collection... 184th_zps30846c6c

Last edited by ledfut on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    birkie
    birkie

Post by birkie Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:03 pm

very nice, great displays, thanks for sharing Ledfut.

there's a current listing for a 31st bn field visor listed on Ebay for a grand.  

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WW1-CANADIAN-TRENCH-CAP-CEF-WWI-gorblimey-Wool-Peaked-Hat-/331133169144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d19132df8&_uhb=1
    madhessian

Post by madhessian Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:28 pm

where are the photos

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 pm