Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

Old Time Radio Broadcasts CBC Prime Minister McKenzie King, Dieppe Etc

Kelly's Heros
    Kelly's Heros

Old Time Radio Broadcasts CBC Prime Minister McKenzie King, Dieppe Etc Empty Old Time Radio Broadcasts CBC Prime Minister McKenzie King, Dieppe Etc

Post by Kelly's Heros Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:34 am

Hey all;

I have the old CBC radio broadcasts from Ortona, Italy with Matthew Halt.  Too bad I can't post any yet old CBC broadcasts from various years and battles and speeches by Churchill and Prime Minister McKenzie King.  I have the famous one hour speech in the Canadian Parliament by Churchill, "Some chicken, some neck!"  I also have the CBS, NBC news broadcasts and old radio plays and shows.  Some of them where from battles I.E. Battle of the Atlantic on a show called Battle Stations.  I also have extremely rare Dieppe Raid 6 minute clip where an Axis news reporter in English talks about how he was rushing through the streets when the shooting first started.  You hear in the background the guns and tanks firing while he is doing the news broadcast. It is interesting hearing from the other side how they see the battle as well what they are seeing and what their view of the raid was to them. Compare the BBC and CBC along with the Axis news broadcast gives a clear picture of what happened.  I have tones of BBC, Guy Lombardo, Spike Jones, Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller etc.  I have the news broadcasts from 1933-1945 from various radio stations.  I also checked up on some of the places broadcasted for plays or concerts and some do not exist and some do but has since long ago renovated into something else.  Others have changed hands.  I plan to use the news broadcasts with my displays as radio was an important factor back then tank 

Last edited by Kelly's Heros on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kelly's Heros
    Kelly's Heros

Old Time Radio Broadcasts CBC Prime Minister McKenzie King, Dieppe Etc Empty Also Along The Same Lines National Film Board Canada Remembers Rare Film I have!!!

Post by Kelly's Heros Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 am

I was fortunate when I lived in BC to get a National Film Board Canada Remembers WW2 Documentary on DVD. This and interviews with Chartwell Seniors Residence in Surrey, BC with some of the older residences who recall their experiences during the war. I also have The Memory Project and Canada in World War 2 Volume 1 2. One DVD section talks about the Vingtdeuxz. (Pardon my spelling my French is way off)

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm