Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Civilian style hats with military markings

Infanteer
    Infanteer

Civilian style hats with military markings Empty Civilian style hats with military markings

Post by Infanteer Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Typical civilian type hats from the 40's and earlier but in this case they have military markings. One is nicely dated 1940 and has both the C broad arrow and War Assets Corporation stamps while the other only has the C broad arrow stamp visible. Both are wool but appear to be from different manufacturers. One has a somewhat rough dark blue wool and the other is a smoother wool that is either black or a very dark blue. Can someone tell me who would have used these hats? I have never seen a uniform with this style of head wear before.

Civilian style hats with military markings Sale_i42
    Civilian style hats with military markings Sale_i43
    Civilian style hats with military markings Sale_i44
    Civilian style hats with military markings Sale_i45

Last edited by Infanteer on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : use proper name of the WAC)
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Civilian style hats with military markings Empty Re: Civilian style hats with military markings

Post by servicepub Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:30 am

The C/Arrow was a Government property stamp and was not limited to the Military.
    Clive
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Civilian style hats with military markings Empty Re: Civilian style hats with military markings

Post by Infanteer Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:18 am

I did not realize that. This would be the first time that I've encountered something with the C broad arrow and the War Assets Corporation stamp that wasn't military. My question still stands though.... I'm wondering who would have used these hats as a government employee?
    edstorey
    edstorey

Civilian style hats with military markings Empty Civilian Style Hat

Post by edstorey Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:13 am

The work camps during the 1930s were supplied with government manufactured clothing, perhaps it originated from a government construction project. Or it could be some obscure piece of military clothing.

Either way, a very nice item.
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:57 pm

To be honest, I only picked these hats up because they were something I hadn't encountered before. I am willing to sell them if someone has an interest.
    edstorey
    edstorey

Civilian style hats with military markings Empty Civilian Style Hats

Post by edstorey Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:33 pm

PM sent,

ED

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm