Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

When is it Too Old

edstorey
    edstorey

When is it Too Old Empty When is it Too Old

Post by edstorey Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:38 am

There comes a point when you are just too old to 're-enact'.   Sadly many 're-enactors' do not realize that they have reached that point.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

When is it Too Old Empty Re: When is it Too Old

Post by Tankermike Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:17 am

Whats your point? The two fellows look fine to me, if they want to re-enact while retired, so be it. Would you rather see them in a rocking chair?
    edstorey
    edstorey

When is it Too Old Empty They are Too Old

Post by edstorey Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:29 am

Plain and simple, my point is that these 're-enactors' are too old. They do not reflect the correct age nor look of military personnel from the WWI period. Like all old re-enactors, they need to take a good hard look at what they are doing and realize that they no longer accurately reflect what they think they are portraying and refine their 'presentation'. Even though their hearts may be in the right place, unfortunately 'dress-up' and 'playing Army' has overshadowed all historical accuracy.

Crack open a book or google some period photographs of WWI soldiers and nurses and you will see what I mean.

Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

When is it Too Old Empty Reenactors

Post by Cameraguy Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 pm

We all have our opinions and here is mine.I'm with Tankermike. Their hearts are in the right place to keep history and it's memory alive. Good for them and I thank them for doing it.
    :)
    48th
    48th

Post by 48th Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:31 pm

If re-enactors look to old to be in a movie or TV show but my personal belief is any form of remembrance is a good thing these days. If they enjoy doing it and it brings attention to remembering the soldiers of the great war I think it is a good thing.

I just unfortunately don't see many 19 year olds out there that want to do it or have the money to kit them selves out, so I would rather see some one doing it than no one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:38 pm