Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Too many medals, not enough time

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Too many medals, not enough time Empty Too many medals, not enough time

Post by pylon1357 Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:30 am

I think it is pretty clear, I have I have an addiction. A medals addiction that is.

Here is what came in this week, plus one pair that came in a couple of weeks ago. I have to thank Dean CampX for the Plaque and pair to Gilmore, an original 180th Private soldier. My first Memorial Plaque. From my initial research, it appears that George Albert Gilmore's mother had passed away, prior to his joining the CEF, and therefore no Memorial Cross was issued. I will verify this as soon as his service records are released.

Also in this photo are the medals pair to Frank Wensley who originally attested to the 229th Bn but served with the 1st C.M.R.

The single BWM is William McKinley's, he attested to and served with the 126th Bn in the UK only, hence this BWM is his full entitlement.

The last pair with the incorrect ribbons, are to Fred Applegath, of the C.A.S.C. Judging by the wear to the ribbons, these medals appear to have been this was for a number of years.

As time permits, I will do up a proper write up to each man (as their papers become available, and time permits.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    lorne19
    lorne19

Too many medals, not enough time Empty Re: Too many medals, not enough time

Post by lorne19 Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Some nice finds Cliff, you seem to be on a roll.
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:07 am

I have been on a bit of a tear lately. I have the empty back account to prove it. LOL

I really have to figure out a way to take better photos. I cannot blame my camera as it is top notch. I just suck at taking good photos. I am looking into a mini photo suite type set up. I saw one yesterday butt at 200.00 I think I can make something up for 20.00 or so.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    lorne19
    lorne19

Post by lorne19 Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:34 am

I think your images look fairly good for what they are.  I usually use a combination of flat bed scanner and digital camera to achieve the images I produce.  The only really big problem I face is photographing the naming on a medal still haven't mastered that one yet.

Here an example of a pair I scanned named to 110622 PTE A.M Soutiere 5 C.M.R These were done with the white back round of the scanner but other color back rounds could easily be used.

Thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am