Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

A Couple of Pre - WW1 Cap Badges Wanted

qsamike
    qsamike

A Couple of Pre - WW1 Cap Badges Wanted Empty A Couple of Pre - WW1 Cap Badges Wanted

Post by qsamike Wed May 06, 2015 11:12 am

Good Morning Everyone.......

Looking for reasonable priced Cap and Collar badges for the following units:

15th Argyll Light Infantry

and

49th Hastings Rifle Regiment

Both either King Edward / King George Crowned...... Not Victorian.......

Thanks in Advance......

Mike
    Bill
    Bill

A Couple of Pre - WW1 Cap Badges Wanted Empty Re: A Couple of Pre - WW1 Cap Badges Wanted

Post by Bill Thu May 07, 2015 5:27 am

Mike, There is no kc badge for the 15th ALI. They wore a circular glen badge without a crown. And these are very scarce. There are collars for the XV ALI which can be found but again are not common. The 49th Hastings Regt had a kc cap badge, but again quite scarce.
    qsamike
    qsamike

A Couple of Pre - WW1 Cap Badges Wanted Empty Re: A Couple of Pre - WW1 Cap Badges Wanted

Post by qsamike Thu May 07, 2015 5:39 am

Good Morning Bill.....

Yes I thought that they may have been rare but I like to mount a mans medals with the badges of the units in which he served.....

Major Lynn served in both between the Boer War and WW1....... See: https://www.cdnmilitarycollectors.com/t3353-major-jiffy-bag-dance

I have the RCR and CE badges.......

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm