Looked him up in the Regimental Routine Orders.......
1. Enlisted Regina Feb. 7th, 1900
2. Served "A" Squadron, 4th Troop
3. Appointed Batman to Lieut. H.D.B. Ketchen
4. Resigned position of Batman April 5th, 1900
Seemed he kept his nose clean as no punishment listed......
5. Discharged from Regiment at own request November 14th, 1900
6. Left South Africa on S.S. Assaye for England
You most likely have seen this already:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also served with: 1 District Cape Police, Rank: Private, Number: 2489 and 2 District Cape Police, Rank: Private, Number: 1298