Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Officers BD trousers

BC Canada

Officers BD trousers Empty Officers BD trousers

Post by BC Canada Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:52 pm

I am currently putting together a WW2 Canadian Brigadiers Battledress and while looking at a militaria site I noticed they had a set of BD Trousers listed as officers. I've never heard of them. Is there such a thing and if so what makes them different?

As I am a new member I cannot post links but if you look up The Collectors Guild and scroll to the bottom of the page under the "uniforms and headdress" in "Canadian 1939-45" youll find them
    BAP
    BAP

Officers BD trousers Empty Re: Officers BD trousers

Post by BAP Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Something's not right. The description includes the left and right front pockets but they aren't in the pictures. I expect by 'officer's pattern' they mean a regular pair of trousers that has had the pockets removed. This was quite common for dress uniforms and, perhaps, officers from time to time.
    BC Canada

Post by BC Canada Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:28 pm

thanks for your input. so to your knowledge I could have a regular pair of BD Trousers
    BAP
    BAP

Post by BAP Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:32 pm

BC Canada wrote:thanks for your input. so to your knowledge I could have a regular pair of BD Trousers

If you bought the ones in the pics then I'd say you have a regular pair of issue battledress trousers with the pockets removed for dress. They would be completely acceptable for an officer's grouping but I bet colour match may be a problem.
    ypres
    ypres

Post by ypres Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:15 pm

The trousers pictured are not "Officer's Pattern". As BAP said, they are BD trousers with the pockets removed. Probably after the war.

Ypres

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm