Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Strat shield?

Darrell
    Darrell

Strat shield? Empty Strat shield?

Post by Darrell Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi

Looks like this but Strat.

Strat shield? Img_6710

These were once common to many different units but I cannot recall seeing one to those dirty filthy cheating lying ........... Strathcona's.Very Happy

I think that I'd like to have one for my time with them. Good times, goooood times. Wink

Happy to hear if you see one for not too much money. Thanks.

regards
    Darrell
    qsamike
    qsamike

Strat shield? Empty Re: Strat shield?

Post by qsamike Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:27 pm

Do you mean like this.....    The stairway to my basement……

The Restiqouche one is from a gun tampon from WW2.....

The closest I can come to a Strath's is a KOCR.....

I have a couple of boxes full but mostly Naval and Scottish Clans.....

Mike

Strat shield? P1050910

Strat shield? P1050911

Strat shield? P1050912
    Darrell
    Darrell

Post by Darrell Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi Mike

Nice. Are all of those part of your Collection or are you extremely well traveled and widely employed? Perhaps a bit young for Rustyguts I? In the '80s I visited a high School friend who was on Restigouche II. As a tanker, all I can say was that it seemed a bit cramped. Rolling Eyes

Re the Strat one, I only want it as I served with them. I have the other two Regular Armd Regts that I have served with and the Corps one. I suppose I could get a WNSR, Elgin R and 1H one too but .....nah. Very Happy

I've not found these to my liking as a collectible but certainly can see the attraction. They are very visually appealing. I don't know why but they remind me of those English Bossons heads. Wink

Here's hoping that if you spot an little dumb shitheads one, you'll all think of me. Thx.

regards
    Darrell
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi Darrell...…

Will keep my eyes open for you..... Used to have a side collection of them and was in a store in the 1970's and they had 100's for sale at $2.00 each purchased tons there, mostly Canadian, British and Australian ships.....

Now if you were looking for Bossons Heads and Wade figures from Red Rose Tea etc and other places you would have had to talk to my late wife I still have over 200 Bossons in boxes in storage but sold her 1200 Wade figures dating back to the 1930's..... I remember she sold a set of 8 for over $5000.00 U.S. at a sale once..... LOL...…

Mike

lol!
    Darrell
    Darrell

Post by Darrell Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:36 am

Hi Mike

Fascinating. I love those stories of $2 each for anything!! Pity I started focused collecting late in life but no regrets. I appreciate you keeping an eye out for an LdSH plaque.

When we cleared my parents house, their Bossons heads were first to sell. We kids agreed with my dad that a Home Clearance sale would be best as none of us lived anywhere near. After securing more personal/family items, we threw the doors open. What a busy couple of days.

One thing I did keep though was my Mom's Wade figures. Love those things. Tucked away for my (grand?)children to have some day.

regards
    Darrell
    tank
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 am

Good Morning Darrell...…

The one thing I learned about the Wade figures is that the ones you got in Canada were different from UK and Australia and South Africa where ever they were given out in products...…

I am in the middle of disposing of an estate collection of medals, books, research and a number of other things and it is becoming one hell of a job but I promised my friend...…

Mike

2 thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm