Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London

qsamike
    qsamike

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London Empty Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London

Post by qsamike Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Good Afternoon ladies and Gentlemen.....

I have not found any Canadians yet but still looking....... Can travel via CPR Ships from UK to Canada and return for 24 Pounds Tourist Class.....

My latest acquisition connected to the Boer War is a fantastic run of The Times of London, April - May - June of 1901.....

Great reading and interesting sideline..... I know that most of these must be on line in some form or another most likely microfiche or scanned but to have the original papers is a step closer to the actual men mentioned in the pages.....

In picture showing the Casualties.....

6817 Sapper T. J. McGinness, RE, Rheumatic Fever, is not in the published Casualty List or on the published medal roll.....

3366 Pte. E. Ward, 1st South Lancs. Regiment is not on the published Casualty List, 1109 Sgt. G. Penwill is in Casualty List.....

849 Pte. G. Ward, Wor. Regiment is not on the published Casualty List.......

Makes you wonder how many more are missing......

Looks like I have some great reading by the bird bath (cannot afford a pool) this summer......

Mike

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London Times-10

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London Times-11

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London Times-12

qsamike
    qsamike

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London Empty Re: Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London

Post by qsamike Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:08 pm

A couple of more pictures......

Mike

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London Times10

Latest Find - Boer War - The Times of London Times-13

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am