Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?)

Immelmann
    Immelmann

Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?) Empty Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?)

Post by Immelmann Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Perhaps you guys can help me. I was recently given this while helping a family friend, who thought nothing of it and was ready to pitch it as they unpacked in their new house (I'm a junior - 16 :)), but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what it is. I've already contacted William Scully Ltd. (the manufacturer), but they were no help, nor have my google searches come to any fruition.

I'm also VERY curious as to the approximate time period, for I haven't seen much recent stuff with little silver and good hoops sewn in like piping.

Any help would be appreciated!

Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?) 6286611883_a12ab29c7f_z

Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?) 6287132390_587f7ccbcd_z

Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?) 6287136122_8dc70d29c4_z
    sarge5020
    sarge5020

Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?) Empty Re: Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?)

Post by sarge5020 Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:54 pm

I had one similar that. An old salt who had been on the Bonaventure said that it was issued for the hat they worn on the flight deck. Maybe, maybe not but that's the storey he told.

Cheers
    Bill
    Bill

Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?) Empty Re: Beautiful but unidentified RCN hat badge (?)

Post by Bill Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Hello, It is a Royal Canadian Navy Petty Officer cap badge. With the queen's crown, dating between 1953 and unification.
    Immelmann
    Immelmann

Post by Immelmann Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Thatks for the help! :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am