Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

WWII RCA War Diaries

Martin Howett

WWII RCA War Diaries Empty WWII RCA War Diaries

Post by Martin Howett Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I am looking to obtain or purchse the following War Diaries for the periods of September 1944 to May 1945.
    This the timeframe in which these Regiments would have been in the Netherlands and Germany.

2 Med RCA - 3 Med RCA - 4 Med RCA
    2 Field RCA - 4 Field RCA - 5 Field RCA - 23 Field RCA
    1 Anti-Tank RCA - 2 Anti-Tank RCA - 3 Anti-Tank RCA ( 2 and 3 Batteries ) - 4 Anti-Tank RCA
    6 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RCA
    1 Radar Battery RCA
    2 Canadian Survey Regiment

Martin
    37patt
    37patt

WWII RCA War Diaries Empty War Diaries

Post by 37patt Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:39 pm

You can always try the RCA museum in Shilo Manitoba. They have the triplicate copy of all the Artillery war diaries from the war and may be able to make copies for you - although understand that they are probably still very understaffed and may have a hard time doing it.

There is also the National Archives in Ottawa who will have the original copies and here there are people who can research them for you (no names off hand but others may know someone)

Hope this helps and best of luck in your quest, I do know that there is some very interesting information held even in the triplicate copy.
    Bill
    Bill

WWII RCA War Diaries Empty Re: WWII RCA War Diaries

Post by Bill Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 pm

With the recent cutbacks to the civil service, LAC was hard hit. Accessing records is taking in some cases up to 8 months or more. Unfortunately even using a researcher, there are delays, as they have to deal with the reduced staff at archives. Even so, it may be worth using a researchers service. If you would like the name of a researcher who is very familiar with the diaries, please contact me.
    Martin Howett

Post by Martin Howett Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks You Guys:

Bill: This a quote out of a letter I received from the Minister of Veterans Affairs today " In addition, in February 2012, I announced a red tape reduction initiative that will further enhance service to Veterans and their families by reducing paperwork, cutting wait times and delivering clearer information on departmental benefits. " After getting this letter today, to find out the remaining two months of the original six months that I was informed I would have to wait for my fathers Service Records could now be extended by two months making it eight months in total really sucks. Thanks for the info though. I guess the frustration will just carry on.

Martin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:36 pm