Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

E. Malcolm Langille

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

E. Malcolm Langille Empty E. Malcolm Langille

Post by mk1rceme Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:17 pm

E. Malcolm Langille E%20Malcolm%20Langille%20A E. Malcolm Langille E%20Malcolm%20Langille%20B

Mac’s Story:

Born in Louisville, Pictou County and educated in Louisville School and Tatamagouche High School.

I joined the North Nova Scotia Highlanders in June 1938 at 15 years of age and volunteered for active service when the Battalion was mobilized in September 1939. I embarked for England in July 1941.

On D-Day, 6 June 1944, I landed with the North Novas at Bernieres-sur-Mer, France. I was an Intelligence Sergeant with Battalion Headquarters. At noon, on 9 June 1944, I was seriously wounded at Les Buissons and spent the next one and a half years in military hospitals.

I was awarded the Efficiency Medal. I was Chairman of North Novas Monument Committee, and we were responsible for the erection of their monument at Authie, France. I attended the unveiling on 7 June 1967. I am also president of the North Nova Scotia Highlanders Memory Club (Truro). I am a Past President of Colchester Branch No. 26, Royal Canadian Legion. A Life Member of the Legion awarded with the Meritorious Service Medal and later the Palm Leaf. I visited Normandy for the 25th Anniversary of D-Day, 1969, and for the 50th Anniversary in 1994.

A Chartered Accountant, in public practice for 41 years, I retired in 1987. I am married to the former Frances Lucilla Fulton and we have one son Bruce.

*Source:www.billcasey.ca

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:00 am