Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Can you spot this advertisement's errors?

Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Can you spot this advertisement's errors? Empty Can you spot this advertisement's errors?

Post by Wgrenadier Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Can you spot this advertisement's errors? 1britg10
    cmpman
    cmpman

Can you spot this advertisement's errors? Empty Re: Can you spot this advertisement's errors?

Post by cmpman Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:04 pm

The one I note is that the no4 rifle he is holding did not reach the prototype stage until about 14 years after WW1 ended. Closer inspection shows the rifle has the Savage fabricated style of front sight, which would not have shown up until around 1943.

Not sure I understand why he has one boot only half way laced up.
    Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Can you spot this advertisement's errors? Empty Re: Can you spot this advertisement's errors?

Post by Wgrenadier Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Good spots cmpman! What are your thoughts on the webbing? hmmm
    cmpman
    cmpman

Post by cmpman Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 pm

To be honest, my collecting interests only start at WW2 and on, so without cheating and looking on the internet (or through a copy of tangled web) I really can't comment.

I do consider the two items I mentioned though as glaring errors, and would have to question just how much accuracy would be in the wares offered by a company who display like that.
    southsaskscotty
    southsaskscotty

Post by southsaskscotty Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 pm

He is wearing the p08 right and left cartridge holders on the wrong sides.
    CampX

Post by CampX Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:24 am

They sure do not look the correct colour for WW1 Socks, nor the correct hight.

Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Post by Wgrenadier Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:07 pm

southsaskscotty wrote:He is wearing the p08 right and left cartridge holders on the wrong sides.

Bingo! I can forgive some of the other mistakes (well spotted guys, by the way) as WWI kit is not exactly easy to come by. Since they sell reproduction P08 webbing, however, wouldn't you think they would take the time to research how to assemble it correctly? I mean Karkee Web is free and there are plenty of other pictures on the web...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:56 pm