Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

Canadian Military Search & Rescue SAR Wetsuits and Gear

ssnutch

Canadian Military Search & Rescue SAR Wetsuits and Gear

Post by ssnutch on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi all. I'm new to the forum but have been picking up the odd bit of militaria for a few years now, mainly small items with the occassional uniform piece. I collect mainly signed military books and autographs, but I recently came across this vintage Canadian Forces Search & Rescue Wetsuit and gear being sold on the base here for $135 and figured I might find a mannequin to display it.
     The outfit includes the full body suit, liners, boots, gloves, hoods, fins and masks and more.. pretty well complete other than the breathing gear. In good condition, the suits were manufactured by HMS Dockyards in Halifax ( Canadian Forces Base).
    Just thought I would share. This find has motivated me to dig around in my previous finds to see if I can't make up a nice start to a collection.
    I don't know why I am unable to upload my photos but if anyone has interest, I will happily forward them to you
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Re: Canadian Military Search & Rescue SAR Wetsuits and Gear

Post by pylon1357 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:29 pm

I am always interested in seeing different and out of the ordinary things. The photo upload takes a bit of getting used to but once sorted out, works easy enough.

There are a couple of tutorials on the forum, but not sure if we have an up to date one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:15 am