Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Need Help identifying this plaque

Jack2017

Need Help identifying this plaque Empty Need Help identifying this plaque

Post by Jack2017 Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:55 am

hi all,

can anyone help me to identify the badges in this photo i attached?  I found a plaque in my grandmothers stuff assuming its WW1 but not sure,,cant find it myself online any help appreciated,

pics
    ypres
    ypres

Need Help identifying this plaque Empty Re: Need Help identifying this plaque

Post by ypres Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:27 pm

It appears to be a WWII plaque. It is a RCASC plaque to the 3rd Division Infantry Troops Divisional company. The 72 flash is the vehicle recognition sign for this unit and the yellow leaf on the grey background is the 3rd Div vehicle flash.

Ypres
    Jack2017

Need Help identifying this plaque Empty Need Help identifying this plaque Empty Need Help identifying this plaque

Post by Jack2017 Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:53 pm

@ Ypres

Thank you for this info, I have uploaded a pic of the entire plaque, as based on the flag arrangement I was under the impression it would be WWI era, but curious if the division you mentioned was established in WWI ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    edstorey
    edstorey

Post by edstorey Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Yes, the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division was active in the First World War but this hand-painted plaque is definitely from the Second World War. The Flags of France, The Netherlands and Belgium are along the top and the 72 vehicle tactical sign was that for 3rd Division Transport Company. A nice piece.
    BAP
    BAP

Post by BAP Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:41 pm

What's the shield on the bottom represent?
    Jack2017

Post by Jack2017 Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanks gain to all for the information, very helpful
    George G
    George G

Post by George G Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Very cool find!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 am