Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED

flying Bear

PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED Empty PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED

Post by flying Bear Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:49 pm

Collector looking for 1942-1945 PCMR Ranger items .Winchester model 94 and 64 ranger 30-30 carbines and ranger marlin 30-30 carbines , old uniforms and hats cap badges and arm bands .. old PCMR license plates any documents or photographs . old PCMR 30-30 Ammo boxes . copies of the monthly ranger magazines. back packs ,compasses, maps etc.

Last edited by flying Bear on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : better discription of items wanted)
    Northman
    Northman

PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED Empty Re: PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED

Post by Northman Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:20 pm

I have some badges, a 30-30 in mint condition with a sling and the soldiers regt number on it. What would they be worth ?
    flying Bear

PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED Empty Re: PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED

Post by flying Bear Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:48 pm

thank you for your reply.. cap badges I buy for 75 dollars to 125 dollars depending on condition , 30 30 i have bought between 800 to 1650 depending on condition wear bluing etc .. i can not tell you what i would pay you before seeing any items .. feel free to send pictures to my email at bearlakesalvage@shaw.ca thank you Northman.
    Northman
    Northman

Post by Northman Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Ok I will send you an email this weekend with some pics. Ok. My Winchester 30-30 is marked with the broadarrow C in three places. I have a dogtag, lapel button and at least one, maybe two, hat badges. I am looking for the armband for the Yukon Rangers. I am from there but live currently in Saskatchewan
    flying Bear

Post by flying Bear Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:36 am

Thank you for your reply ..i would love to see your PCMR carbine and pictures of any other stuff related to the rangers ...if you have a phone that sends pictures you can always send them to my phone at 250 710 7278..my name is Dave ...i have been collecting for a few years now and I am thinking about starting a online museum as I have quite a interesting collection of fairy rare artifacts..i have a almost complete collection of the ranger magazines ,,pack boards ..sleeping bags .. maps ..binos.. dog tags.. enrolment and discharge papers. Winchesters and Marlins . Looking forward to seeing pictures of your stuff ..Thank you again for your reply.. Dave.
    edstorey
    edstorey

Post by edstorey Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:11 am

flying Bear wrote:Thank you for your reply ..i would love to see your PCMR carbine and pictures of any other stuff related to the rangers ...if you have a phone that sends pictures you can always send them to my phone at 250 710 7278..my name is Dave ...i have been collecting for a few years now and I am thinking about starting a online museum as I have quite a interesting collection of fairy rare artifacts..i have a almost complete collection of the ranger magazines ,,pack boards ..sleeping bags .. maps ..binos.. dog tags.. enrolment and discharge papers. Winchesters and Marlins . Looking forward to seeing pictures of your stuff ..Thank you again for your reply..    Dave.  

"Dog Tags"!   Well, the first thing to remember for your proposed online museum would be to get the terminology correct and recognize that those little red and green fiber discs were called Identification Discs.

flying Bear likes this post

flying Bear

Post by flying Bear Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:45 am

Thanks for your input Edstorey .. just that people identify with the word dog tags and their use . the term Identification discs is correct by not very useful with their procurement.
    edstorey
    edstorey

PACIFIC COAST MILITIA RANGERS ITEMS WANTED Empty Website and On-line Museums

Post by edstorey Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:12 pm

It is good that you want to contribute to the internet, but the web essentially feeds upon itself with most people using it as their only source of information. So instead of perpetuating errors and misconceptions which will only get copied and repurposed onto other sites; why not up the ante to take a minute and use the proper terminology and provide accurate well-researched information.

flying Bear

Post by flying Bear Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:26 pm

do you have any identification discs you would like to sell?
    flying Bear

Post by flying Bear Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm

Thank you Edstory For your enlightenment. if you have any PCMR stuff to sell feel free to contact me . if you do not that is ok as well . i often dont proof read all the things i post on the net ..So your attention to detail is greatly appreciated.
    Northman
    Northman

Post by Northman Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 pm

Dave sent you email

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 am